This was a week filled with much excitement and sadness. It was with great pleasure that I introduced the new class staff (TL, STL, CS and CA) to our class this week. They will be taking over leadership of this class…and the TL is a South African, the first time a local has been the teacher of the class. I am thrilled that the Lord has raised up the needed leadership so this class could continue. His plans are perfect!
But it was also a time of sadness for me as some of the goodbyes have started. I took a picture of the whole leadership group and posted it here as well. We are indeed a Rainbow Nation, as South Africa is so aptly named. There are South Africans (from different descents – Zulu, British, Afrikaans and German), Kenyans, Zimbos (from Zimbabwe), Zambians, Gambians, Indians…oh yeah, and Americans. In some ways it has given me a picture of heaven…all nations, races, generations & denominations living, serving & praising our Lord together. What a great experience it has been for me to be here and to have the privilege to get to know these women. Many friendships were developed along the way…and I hope to come back some day to renew those ties!
Cindy! This is a fabulous update! This has to be one of the best experiences of your life. Just reading about it had me smiling the whole time. I particularly loved the "Rainbow Nation" illustrating heaven! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you in San Antonio...June 20th!
Love,
Kim.
SO thankful to God for answered prayer! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete