I'll be heading to South Africa probably 9/27...I'm not sure when I'll arrive...I would guess a day or two later. I'll be staying in a bed & breakfast in J-burg that's in a safe neighborhood, inside a gate and 5 mins from a shopping area. It has internet, a queen bed, desk, private bath, losts of closet space, and a pool. I guess I have to take my itty-bitty, teeny-weeny, yellow polka-dot bikini.... :-)
It looks like I won't have to drive at least initially...which is just fine with me. I was a little concerned about driving on the left and this removes one stressor for now. I'll be going to a DW class that has about 130 class members and about 15 leaders. The leaders will pick me up and take me home for leaders meeting and class time each week....at least until December or I feel like being adventurous and learning to drive. :-) Since they're heading into summer, it looks like it will be in the mid-70s when I arrive (lows in the 50s) and will warm up to mid-80s (lows in the 60s) at peak summer (Christmas time). Not too bad, eh? I'll need to bring a sweater or light jacket, but nothing more than that. I heard that the leaders are eagerly anticipating my coming and I am eagerly looking forward to meeting them and getting to know them!
I'm hoping to be back in the states by Dec 15 (San Antonio) and if I need to return, will head back to South Africa in early Jan. But don't worry, you are all still in my heart and I was thinking of my BSF class in Tempe today as they had leaders WS. I would have loved to have been there to give you all big hugs! Love to you all!!!
Your accommodations at the bed & breakfast in J-burg sound wonderful: shopping, swimming, and surfing the web! When you are able to post some pictures, please do. We miss you here!
ReplyDelete