Hi Friends!
Just a short and sweet post to let you know I made it back to San Antonio yesterday (Friday). I got to the airport on Thurs at 3:30 pm but my flight wasn't until 8:30 (with traffic, you never can tell how long it will take...anywhere between 30 mins to 2 hours...so it was better to go early and be sure). When I was standing in line for the check-in counter, I was asked for my passport. Then at the checkin counter, I was asked for my passport. Then thru security & asked for my passport. I was sitting in the waiting area at the gate and their TSA equivalent came in, cleared out the waiting area and then separated us into male and female lines. We got the standard grope...after they looked at our passport. Then they hand-searched all our carry-on luggage. Then as we went thru the gate, they checked our passport. Then down the walkway to the airplane they checked it once more. Whew....I think we're secure.
After we got on the plane, they closed the doors and.....we sat there for almost 2 hours. There was a lightning storm that had been in the area since at least 5pm and so we had to wait for a break in the storm. I said to my seatmate that after those 2 hours, my keister was already sore...and we still had a 17 hour flight. Yikes! I was a little stressed b/c I only had a 3 hr layover in Atlanta and to go thru immigration, wait for my bags, go thru customs, recheck my bags and go thru security again was nearly impossible to do in the 1 hr I would have. But using the lessons from Isaiah, I reminded myself of God's faithfulness and that, regardless of what happened, he was sovereign over the details and would work it all out.
I then happily watched onbaord movies until 3am, then took some drugs and slept until almost 10am (trying to get my body on TX time). We landed only 1 hour late and I did all those things mentioned above in exactly 1 hour. I was sitting at my gate with 1 hour to spare. I was so thankful to the Lord for working out all the details. My flight from Atlanta to San Antonio was pretty empty...I had 3 seats to myself. I laid down right after takeoff and slept the whole way. After a 3 hour nap, I felt pretty good and managed to stay up the rest of the day (I landed around noon on Fri).
Last night I was invited to go to the Spurs game...and our tickets were awesome! I think row 2 underneath one of the baskets. The only complaint is that the camera men kept getting in our view. It's a tough life, but someone has to suffer! :-) We had fun (Julie, Emily - the other ambassador who also arrived on Fri, and another TL here in SA went together) and the Spurs won...so it was a good night! But on the ride home, Emily and I both couldn't keep our eyes open. Jet lag had HIT!!!! Fortunately we had planned for that and neither one of us was driving.
Today, it was unpacking my place at House of Heroes since I have now moved into one of the 1 bedroom apartments. I got about 10 hours last night and have felt pretty good today...no naps so far! But the house is only about 1/2 done...more unpacking and organizing to do tomorrow. I'm probably in worse shape than I can tell, but at least I'm sleeping ok so far and somewhat functional.
Thanks for all your prayers, support and interest...and I hope to see many of you while I'm in the states and traveling around the country!
Love to you all and have a Merry Christmas!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment