What a blessed time I've had so far at home in the States. I'm very grateful to my friends and former co-workers who took time out of their busy schedules during this busy time of year to meet with me, catch up on what's been going on and reconnect our friendship. My visit in Phoenix was so short that I didn't have nearly enough time to spend with each person and I left regretting that I hadn't been able to spend more time in town. But that's not what God has for me right now, so it will have to be sufficient.
I'm in Nashville for Christmas and we had a special treat last night...it snowed! Not much...only about 1/4" but enough to put a while covering on the grass, trees and houses. It's beautiful! I haven't seen a white Christmas in years! It was fun to wake up to the sounds of excited children's voices trying to wait patiently for a sleep aunt to arise so they could eat, open stockings and then get to the presents. What joy there is in watching a child on Christmas morning!!!!
Later today, we'll eat Christmas dinner...there are 9 of us now....my parents, brother and sister-in-law and 3 nephews and a niece. They'll be 10 at dinner....an old friend from high school lives in the area and will be celebrating with us too. It will be great to see her again...I think it's been...well, I don't even know how long it's been since I last saw her...maybe 14+ years????
Merry Christmas to you....I hope this day of celebrating our Savior's birth is joyous as we remember the gift our heavenly Father has made freely available to all...peace with Him thru the salvation offered by our Lord Jesus Christ. While we were still sinners, while still His enemies, Christ died for us that we might live with Him, be adopted into His family and be co-heirs with Jesus Christ. We have been blessed with every heavenly blessing in Christ.....it makes our Christmas lists pale in comparison! Much love to you this Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment